I began my personal investigation by researching photo books, why they were used and how they allow photographers to communicate their ideas and show their work to a wider audience. Approaches relate specifically to mixed media photography techniques, technical / trick photography ideas and interesting, fun or unique compositional strategies. Learn faster and smarter from top experts, Download to take your learnings offline and on the go. graphic communication, photography, sculpture, 3D, textiles or design technology, here are some tips for them on how to get the maximum marks. Maryna Linchuk is a Pink-Haired Mother for Allure October 2012, The Hautest - Just another WordPress site, dark alternative fashion abandoned city buildings, Top 10 Fruits And Their Calorie Count | Calorie Counter, Hot Fashion Photography by Matthieu Belin, Vogue US April 2011 Cover | Rihanna by Annie Leibovitz Fashion Gone Rogue, Spring's Most Mesmerizing Ball Gowns Stop Traffic in Manhattan - Vogue, Luke Schneider Interview: How a College Boy Shoots High-End Commercial Campaigns, Vogue's Hurricane Sandy Shoot: Let's Discuss, Make Up Artist Lisa Eldridge Talks about Anna Kendrick and the U.K. Glamour Fashion Shoot, ST BARTS SEP 13 - Miss Aniela Fashion Shoot Experience, Holy Smokes: a worship of fashion St Barts' Church, Miss Aniela Fashion Shoot Experience. Teachers may also set their own themes to provide opportunity and help students engage and respond in personal ways in component 1. She has a Bachelor of Architectural Studies, Bachelor of Architecture (First Class Honours) and a Graduate Diploma of Teaching. These cookies do not store any personal information. AO3: Record in visual and/or other forms, ideas, observations and insights relevant to their intentions, demonstrating an ability to reflect their work and progress. The Personal Study is given a single mark out of 100, using the following criteria: If a balance of visual and written analysis is presented it should not exceed 3500 words. Heres where you can find the Student Art Guide on social media: OUR BOOK! Color makes me happy! The best personal studies are those that are visually appealing; show artistic and literary skill; communicate a message clearly; and visually complement the artist/s or designer/s studied. Then begin searching landscape photographers on Pinterest and other sources in the "Links" and "Artists" on this site. A2 Art: Initial ideas are investigated through photography. The Personal Study is a critical and visual appraisal or theoretical study of any aspect of the visual arts. We've updated our privacy policy. Start with a broad theme. Home Although the majority of laser photo engraving examples online seem to be uninspiring commercial shots, laser engraving offers new possibilities for high school Photography students not just in terms of printing images onto exciting materials, but as a way of creating a textured plate which can then be printed from. Insane Lensball capture by @kv.i.tka, "Stained Glass Lensball" by: Cathryn Lahm Photography, The umbrella street in gueda, Portugal during the Agitgueda art festival. Your final images should have clear links to different elements throughout your work. Personal investigation - a-level photography personal investigation Personal investigation Colour My reason for choosing colour as my personal investigation is due to that there are many different ways colour can represented and ways to be experimented with. Perhaps you prefer photographing people and portraits. with this shoot to improve or make it more interesting, i would use a person that is running or jumping, as well as a per on i could use an animal such as a horse jumping. It is highly important that you are invested and interested in your personal investigation, so please spend the time researching to ensure you are genuinely inspired. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. Outstanding High School Sketchbooks, Art teacher blogs, websites and social profiles, Writing an Artist Study: examples, help and guidance, How to select a great topic, subject or theme, Making an art portfolio for college or university, What they didnt tell you about studying high school Art, Creative use of media for painting students, How to make an artist website (and why you need one), NCEA Photography project by Jessica Louise, how to select a great subject or theme for your Art project. Some students go on to Art Foundation courses or Photography degrees. Connections might be made between styles, techniques or ideologies; moments of personal, historical or cultural significance can be linked with thoughtful insights or questions. Use a fast shutter speed to freeze motion, like the action photography of Justin Grant: Move the camera horizontally, so a moving subject is in focus but the background is blurred, as in the panning photography of Mr Bones (via My Modern Met): Use slow shutter speeds to create blurred movement, as in this beautiful water photo by Antti Viitala: Zoom in while shooting with a slow shutter speed, like A Level Photography student Freya Dumasia: Experiment with slow shutter speeds at night, blurring lights, as in the abstract Sightseeing Tunnel series by Jakob Wagner: Photograph slow moving objects over a long period of time, as in this photograph by Paul Schneggenburger: Swing the camera while taking photos to achieve a swirling effect, as in this photo byLucasbenc: Shake or jiggle the camera to create an impressionist effect, like these examples by Gerald Sanders (via Apogee Photo Magazine): Photograph moving subjects to create blurred, painterly forms, as in these examples by Mirjam Appelhof: Create abstract photography from blurred motion, as in the Revolution series by Yvette Meltzer: Digitally add abstract elements to an image, such as these architectural photographs by Nick Frank: Take close-up, tightly cropped scenes, creating abstract photography from surfaces and pattern, like these works by Frank Hallam Day: Finally, forget all fancy techniques. Imaginative leaps and connections - this might include linking an artwork or idea to another work or idea, or perhaps a significant moment in time. Alternatively, students may wish to present a series of related images mounted on sheets. I wrote this for my A-level students as they needed something to help them write their essays for the personal investigation. The topic should be something that you are genuinely interested in. Create layered handmade collages, like these works by Damien Blottire: Cut out shapes and insert coloured paper, as in these photographs by Micah Danges: Collage photographs and found materials together, creating mixed media art like Jelle Martens: Make a photomontage, as in these examples byDavid Hockney: Make a photographic assemblage combining foreground, middleground and background, as in this example by Matthew Chase-Daniel: Photograph a single scene over time and join the pieces in sequence, like these composite photographs by Fong Qi Wei: Cut and Overlap a sequence of photos to create a sense of movement, as in this A Level Photography project by Harriet James-Weed: Combine multiple exposures to create the illusion of repeated objects, like these creative compositions by Lera: Superimpose two different but related scenes over the top of each other, like in this photograph by Adam Goldberg: Photograph an artwork within a scene to create illusions, as in these images by Gregory Scott via Catherine Edelman Gallery: Add photography cuttings to real life situations, like the surrealist scenes created by Yorch Miranda: Inset scenes within other scenes, as in these photographs by Richard Koenig: Poke or cut holes in photos and shine light through, like Amy Friend: Photograph scenes through small gaps or holes, as in these photographs by Reina Takahashi: Experiment with night photography and create a light painting or drawing, as in A Level Photography example by Georgia Shattky: Note: If you are interested in light painting you may also wish to view this high schoolNCEA Photography project by Jessica Louise. Conceptually, this is a square piece of paper with various shapes cut out. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. a-level photography personal investigation. Photography: A2 personal investigation ideas Nathaniel William Hawley Follow Head of Operations and Community Advertisement Recommended 15th November Interconnections Presentation Kate Watson 259 views 18 slides Tennesseewilliams katrinavincent09 421 views 9 slides Presentation2 judeturner2 65 views 6 slides Gatsby (1) Emory Daniel 193 views Its nature means that it can contribute to any subject combination by offering a more creative approach and practical experience. Most countries send the Personal Study to Cambridge University to be moderated; other counties, like New Zealand, are lucky enough to have the examiners travel to them. Like www.HelpWriting.net ? with this shoot I was hoping to create some sort of illusion with the differences of the focus of the colourful sweets. for this shoot I was looking into experimenting with colours with each of these image, this was so that the images would have more of a clearer focus point. Remember that those who must post work away for assessment are not able to submit heavy, bulky or fragile pieces (such as laser wood engraving or laser engraving on glass). !. AO2: Experiment with and select appropriate resources, media, materials, techniques and processes reviewing and refining their ideas as their work develops and contexts, Make sure to experiment with different angles, composition and ideas. You may also wish to view our collection of Featured Photography Projects by high school students from around the world. Weve updated our privacy policy so that we are compliant with changing global privacy regulations and to provide you with insight into the limited ways in which we use your data. Failing the above just searching on Pinterest and pinning lots of images that you find interesting or inspiring can be the best place to start. to create these images I usedPhotoshop to create the single colour in each image and leaving the background black and white this Ifeel give the images a different and more interesting view. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Tap here to review the details. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. The topic should provide you with sufficient material to write about, while not . Heres where you can find the Student Art Guide on social media: s DIY pinhole cameras are made from ordinary aluminium drink cans: OUR BOOK! The first photobook I looked at was 'Two Frame Films' by Luke Fowler. You might be interested in reading: Amiria has been an Art & Design teacher and a Curriculum Co-ordinator for seven years, responsible for the course design and assessment of student work in two high-achieving Auckland schools. HOW TO SELECT A GREAT RELATED STUDY. Your ideas should develop and become more refined and focused throughout your project. The Related Study is a substantial written component of between 1000 and 3,000 words. The psychology behind colour also draws my attention as I feel that every colour has a different way of making each individual person feel (each colour has a different meaning to every person). If you are looking instead for photography theme ideas or project ideas for your entire high school or college photography course, please read our article about how to select a great subject or theme for your Art project. Check out this linkor this one for more information and artists. Amiria is a CIE Accredited Art & Design Coursework Assessor. #editorial #mirrors #fashion, Eine Reihe von Fotografien von Saul Leiter (1923-2013) - #Eine #Fotografien #lei - John - #eine #Fotografien #John #lei #Leiter #Reihe #Saul #von, surrealistic dominoes #5 - luciana urtiga, 46 Super Ideas For Photography Portrait Photoshop Double Exposure #photography #PhotographyPhotoshopDoubleExposure. Get Started. These images were improved as the sweets placed underneath the glass are more clear and are able to be seen as individual sweets rather then in the first shoot which all of the sweets are looking like all the colours are blended together. Emphasis is also placed on framing of photographs and the range of artistic styles that can be developed photographically. With this shoot I was hoping to capture a sunset and with the sunset I wasaiming to get many different colours from the sun. This is acceptable and teachers and students are encouraged to develop and extend suggestions to reflect the diversity and needs of the cohort. This candidate has begun her contextual research for the Personal Investigation with the ideas and practices of avant-garde artists in the 1920s and 30s - the Dadaists and Surrealists. Amiria has been an Art & Design teacher and a Curriculum Co-ordinator for seven years, responsible for the course design and assessment of student work in two high-achieving Auckland schools. Ensure that your idea is being refined and developed throughout your projects. It is from the space between languages that images emerge, Personal Investigation: Part 1 - The Photobook, My Personal Investigation questionnaire 2022-23, Writing your Personal Investigation essay, There is no restriction on the scale of work produced. (In camera), Experiment with different editing techniques and effects (out of camera). A-Level Photography also combines very well with A-Level Graphic Communication and A-Level Business for those students with digital rather than traditional art skills and interests who have an interest in the creative aspect of marketing. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. St Pauls Place, Norfolk Street, Sheffield, S1 2JE. I feel that these images are eye catching. sketchbooks, workbooks, journals. I am writing this article from personal . Formats that have not been specifically mentioned above include a mounted display or an onscreen presentation, such as a PowerPoint, blog page or vlog (as long as examiners travel to your school for assessment and there are facilities for setting up computers in the moderation and assessment area when the examiners arrive). Much easier to see large on white. Lensball photography by daniel_vieira.a. Use tab to navigate through the menu items. We all like to get better at the things we enjoy doing. Granada Alhambra, Spain Beautiful! An introduction, a conclusion and a bibliography are expected to be included in each type of presentation. With every acquaintance I make,, Photography macro bubbles 22 best Ideas #photography. For international students who have taken IGCSE English (Second Language), we require grade 5 or above. Research thoroughly. 24: Convincingly: An exceptional ability to develop ideas through sustained investigations informed by contextual and other sources. Oxford Tutorial College Ltd, no. You can read the details below. However although the images are improved they are still a little blurry and grainy. Specific techniques are developed throughout the course, and students should not be afraid of practical investigation. You could go up to London when you're allowed. Practice makes . Students are also encouraged to contextualise their work and develop an understanding of the creative process in industries using photography. This website and its content is subject to our Terms and An interest in the workings of a camera and editing software helps. The Personal Study is a substantial project, which cannot be completed at the last minute. Review the success of your work and refine your images. Information is sourced from the CIE A Level Art and Design syllabus. Freya's photographs are the result of deliberate compositional choices, sophisticated use of her SLR camera and use of an innovative 3D installation to present her final work. It did not work as well as I hoped and the effect was not what i thought it would be. When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. Your final outcome should not just be visually stunning but meaningful as well. 1.5K views 2 years ago This Vid shows an A-Level Personal Investigation Unit-based on Graphic Portraiture- where the student mixed together graphic and photographic techniques and approaches. Jeroen Franssens, Tomorrowland een brand voor de toekomst ? They may choose to further develop the concerns, subjects, techniques and processes explored in their books or explore alternatives. 173 Pins 7y A Collection by Rachel Atkin Similar ideas popular now Photography Fashion Photography Photographer These help sheets are for A level Photography students undertaking their Personal Investigation in Component 1. Activate your 30 day free trialto continue reading. Image (above right) sourced from Tom Wood. What is Photography? It is usually an analysis of art or design that focuses on one or both of the following: It may or may not relate to your AS or A2 Coursework, although a link between the two can be helpful. See more ideas about art photography, personal investigation, photography inspiration. Study Photography Technique. Think about what has been the most successful elements in your work so far. Therefore the 4 colours used for each indivdual image creates 7 colours. this one fromAmazon.comorAmazom UK affiliate links) to create better lighting within your shots, such as in this outdoor portrait byToni Lynn: Take unfocused shots and create semi-abstract photographs, like those byBill Armstrong: Create 360 degree 3D panoramic photography, as in this image by Nemo Nikt: Use kites to create aerial photography, as in this image by Pierre Lesage: Produce High Dynamic Range Imaging (HDR Photography), as in this example by Karim Nafatni: Use tilt-shift photography to make real things look miniature, as in this example byNicolas: Use a tilt-shift effect to make paintings or drawings appear real, as in these photographs of Vincent van Gogh artworks by Serena Malyon: Photograph things with extreme macro lenses, like these photos of water drops by Andrew Osokin: Photograph things without contextual information, so objects become almost unrecognisable, as in this example by Peter Lik: Take photos from uncommon or unexpected viewpoints, like these birds eye view photographs commissioned by the human rights organization Society for Community Organization: Use frames within frames to create intriguing compositions, such as these photographs by Chen Po-I: Emphasise reflections, rather than the objects themselves, as in the urban landscape photography of Yafiq Yusman: Play with shadows, like Russ and Reyn Photography: Create illusions using forced perspective,like these photographs by Laurent Laveder: Arrange compositions as if they were a beautiful still life painting, such as these food photographs styled by Maggie Ruggieroand photographed by Martyn Thompson (left) and Marcus Nilsson (right): Create candid documentary photography, like these emotion-filled black and white football fan shots byChristopher Klettermayer: Capture the same scene at different times, as in this photography series by Clarisse dArcimoles: Use mirrors to create illusions, as in this self-portrait by 18 year old photographer Laura Williams: Create a complex unrealistic setting and photograph it, as in this composition by Cerise Doucde: Collect many similar items and produce typology photography, likeSam Osters apparatus series: Organise subject matter into patterns, like Jim Golden: Digitally create patterns, as in this artwork byMisha Gordin: Overlay multiple photos from slightly different angles, like these experimental photographs by Stephanie Jung: Digitally erase parts of objects, as in this A Level Photography work byLeigh Drinkwater: Colour select areas, as in this example byLocopelli: Apply a digital filter to create an illustrative effect, as shown in this Adobe Photoshop tutorial: Digitally overlay textures onto photos, as illustrated in this tutorial by PhotoshopStar: Digitally draw over photographs, as in these portraits by May Xiong: Digitally superimpose photographs onto other products, as in these watches by John Rankin Waddell: Digitally merge images to play with scale and create fantasy sceneslike Lorna Freytag: Combine objects in unexpected ways, to create something new, as in Carl Warners foodscapes: Photograph objects through mottled or translucent screens, like this work byMatthew Tischler: Overlay tracing paper, obscuring parts of an image, like this photograph by Gemma Schiebe: Cut through photographs to expose other layers of photographs below, as in these images by Lucas Simes: Note: If you are interested in laser cut work, you may wish to see the excellentA Level Art project by Lucy Feng, which has been featured on the Student Art Guide. My students mainly work digitally so that is why it is referenced so often. Could you combine an element of these to explore how it has been explored in Photography? They should keep in mind the need to explain their . Initial Photographs. If you have or know anyone who would be willing to share their work on this website then please read our Featured Art Project submission guidelines. some images do not show the reflection, this due to the angle of the light and the colour, such as the orange marbles did not reflect its colour. Do you prefer photographing landscapes? Some of the images have a clear focus point at the front of the images and go blurred towards the back of the images as well as the other way around (blurred in the front and more focused towards the back). Mar 11, 2020 - Explore Miss Mistry's board "A Level - Personal Investigation - Ideas" on Pinterest. There are a range of art movements that were either photography specific or included photographers. Photography essay - A Guide. Layering the images on top of each other creates different colours and shades where the image join together or where the images go behind or in forint of each other. They may choose to further develop the concerns, subjects, techniques and processes explored in their books or explore alternatives. Evidence may be included from books, journals, moving images, photographs, digital presentations and the internet, as well as studies made during a residency, site, gallery or museum visit. Your rating is required to reflect your happiness. I feel that each colour has a different meaning or feelingsuch as red=anger or love, blue=sadness or coldness. Tes Global Ltd is Can I study A-Level Photography as a one year A-Level? that inspires you. Some of the key ones are Abstract,Dada, Surrealist, Documentary etc. What effect/meaning/message does it convey? Perhaps start searching photographers who draw, paint or sew into their work! Click here to review the details. Quasi Cinema: Using sequential photographs that have been bent and woven with string into long rows Lucas Simes recreates a sense of cinematic motion in these wall-mounted installations. A Level Photography If you enjoy creating photographic images, this course will provide the opportunity to learn to develop your skills using a variety of techniques, exploring the power of visual communication. Do not sell or share my personal information, 1. Present a personal and meaningful response that realises intentions and, where appropriate, makes connections between visual and other elements. View our. Each shape is preserved by reflecting it over one of three edges. Photograph scenes through visible hand-held lenses, as in this A Level Photography work by Freya Dumasia: Identity photography ideas: these photographs were created by distorting and inverting crowd scenes through circular lenses. Incredible tall ornate windows -- beautiful sunlight design on the floor. Matt Bigwoods DIY pinhole cameras are made from ordinary aluminium drink cans: Deliberately overexpose a shot, creating high-key photography, like this portrait by Gabi Lukacs: Experiment with underwater photography like Elena Kalis: Use a homemade light box to create uncluttered backdrops for photography, as in this YouTube video by Auctiva: Art teachers and students frequently take photographs upon cluttered classroom tabletops, often with less than optimal lighting conditions. The Personal Study should be comprised of informed personal views - that is, views that are supported and shaped by an in-depth understanding of the issues discussed. My strength as a photographer is the ability to use my DSLR Lumix camera at an advanced technical level, to develop work in Photoshop and to be adventurous with my planning. 02935409; By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. "For I do not exist: there exist but the thousand of mirrors that reflect me. It breaks down the essay into different subheadings, each with a guide on how many words to write and then a list of prompt questions to help with writing.