Jakob Poeltl is a free agent after this season, and the combination of Zach Collins and Jock Landale has a way to go before solidifying themselves in the rotation. Williams' outside big-play skills are the ideal complement to the games of Corey Davis and Elijah Moore. If I have to guard the best guy on the court but I wont get a shot for ten possessions, Ill do that. Indiana Pacers: Dominick Barlow (Elite: Big, Overtime, 6-9). Minnesota Timberwolves: Trevor Keels (Duke Blue Devils: Wing, Freshman, 6-4), 51. Jr Imagine having twins and both of them developing into NBA Draft lottery picks. They also have another pick headed their way later in the round, most likely from the Los Angeles Clippers. NBA Mock Draft: Jabari Smith to Magic, Thunder Select Paolo Banchero and More Buzz There's been plenty of movement in SI's latest projections since the lottery and the draft combine. If hes here, I cant imagine the Hawks pass on him. Walker is 6-8, 240-pound 19-year old who very much looks the part. Holmes is a great example of how a top-100 high school prospect can enroll at a non-power-conference school and still remain on NBA franchises' radars. In Kiper's Mock 2.0, Addison goes from catching passes thrown by Heisman winner Caleb Williams . 7 (CBS Sports). 6'7" Im versatile and I know how to score from all over the court. One guy who I think best fits that description in this class is Ohio State forward EJ Liddell. This would be a slide for Sochan. One team who would be interested in moving up to select Ivey, per reports, is the Knicks. Terry carries with him a jovial demeanor and unabashed confidence, and both will leave a mark with decision-makers around the league. / 240 lbs. The Sporting News' official mock draft below attempts to project each pick from what could be one of the more chaotic first rounds in recent draft history. Here is the 2022 NBA Mock Draft June 18. NFL Mock Draft 2022 - Round 1. On May 17th, the NBA Draft Lottery will be taking place, an event. While San Antonios dreams of landing one of the top four players in this draft are now history, there should still be plenty of talent on the board when it comes time for the Spurs to make a selection in the lottery. Arkansas Mafe has been an astronomical riser because of recent showcases of his explosiveness and top-flight athleticism. Sr Nonetheless, with a haul like this, the San Antonio Spurs would simultaneously conquer numerous flaws on their roster while aiming for upside on three of their four picks in the 2022 NBA Draft. / 220 lbs. I caught up with Ryan Rollins, one of the top mid-major prospects in the 2022 NBA draft. Minnesota Timberwolves: David Roddy (Colorado State Rams: Wing, Junior, 6-5), 41. There are plenty of opportunities to evaluate footage of Sharpe, including his time competing on the AAU circuit. Although he isnt getting much buzz as a potential first-round pick, Gonzaga guard Andrew Nembhard was easily one of the best players at the NBA Draft Combine. Reasonable minds can answer that question differently-- although it should be noted that most seem to believe it'll likely be Overtime Elite guard Amen Thompson. The Jaguars have been locked into taking the best defensive player available for a while and that won't change as they go after the cornerstone for their new-look defense under coordinator Mike Caldwell. Among high-major underclassmen 6-foot-6 or taller, Terrys advanced stats query results yielded the likes of Scottie Barnes, Draymond Green, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Lonzo Ball, Kyle Anderson, and Ben Simmons. 6'10" Rookie Wire took one final look at the next rookie class and projected all 58 picks based on the latest information available ahead of the draft on Thursday. The. Oklahoma City Thunder: Josh Minott (Memphis Tigers: Wing, Freshman, 6-8), 35. Sochan, who has experience as the youngest player to ever suit up for the Polish national team, is exactly the kind of player that the Blazers need to put next to Damian Lillard and Anfernee Simons especially considering both limitations on the defensive side of the floor. I was recently told by a Western Conference scout that a few rival teams believe that Mark Williams would be the pick at nine if the Spurs go with a big even over other bigs like Duren, Sochan and Eason. 5 overall on June 23. 6'9" 20. Mega Soccerbet: Wing, International, 6-10. There's not a franchise in the NBA that isn't in the market for a wing with size who can guard multiple positions and make 3-pointers. He can be what Peterson was earlier in his career coming out of LSU for the Cardinals as a natural highly competitive ballhawk with an excellent overall coverage profile. By Andrew Norton | Apr 14, 2022, 10:03am Welcome to the first edition of the Lineups.com 2022 NBA Mock Draft. After performing well during his athletic testing at the NBA Draft Combine, the 6-foot-8 prospect decided to opt-out of the 5-on-5 scrimmages because he was reportedly comfortable with his projected range on draft night. To get a better projection of where all of the projected top prospects stand currently, we compiled mock drafts from ESPN, The Athletic, Bleacher Report, The Ringer, Sports Illustrated,. Let's look at the way our mock sets up at this early stage, followed by the top storylines we expect to follow this class into 2022: Note: The projected 2022 draft order is based on 2021-22 NBA . I agree to receive the "CBS Sports HQ Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies. Booth's size, strength and aggressiveness that add up to big plays on the ball make him a fine fallback should McDuffie go to the Patriots. CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. Commissioner.com is a registered trademark of CBS Interactive Inc. site: media | arena: nba | pageType: stories | When he'll return is unclear but his athleticism and potential is easy to see and why he'll likely go in the first round regardless of the fact that he's had an underwhelming freshman season to date. Much like it was with Maxey, this would be a gamble on Wesleys development once in their system. Pictured (L-R): Jabari Smith, Paolo Banchero and Chet Holmgren. At 6-foot-10 and with plus-level passing ability, he could morph into a star. The organization may feel similarly, too, as the Pelicans recently hosted Daniels for a pre-draft workout. Cleveland Cavaliers: Christian Braun (Kansas Jayhawks: Wing, Junior, 6-6), 40. / 190 lbs. 23 pick in the 2022 NBA Draft, and will instead inherit Phillys pick next season. While he didnt look ready for pro minutes during recent 5-on-5 scrimmages at the NBA Draft Combine, Im still a believer in Millers long-term potential because he has so many interesting development pathways. / 235 lbs. In the next tier, Daniels has become the desirable star role player with a high . And thats not the first time I heard something along those lines. The San Antonio Spurs would be a perfect landing spot for the 19-year-old. The second camp, he was going to be first in line to make sure everybody knew, saw the way the drill was supposed to go. Expect them to complete the late pivot to this rising versatile hybrid stud. When it comes to glue guys and all-around connectors, Arizonas Dalen Terry may be the best we have in this class. Jaquez is a little older and a tad less-athletic than most first-round picks but he just knows how to play basketball. While hes already 21 years old, Williams is a definite late bloomer. Two straight wins can really help keep things in perspective. Button shares his 2023 TSN Mock Draft. 6'9" Defensive-minded coach Lovie Smith can turn Nick Caserio's attention to revving up the pass rush away from Jonathan Bullard after addressing pass protection earlier. / 230 lbs. 2022 Draft Key Dates April 13-16 - The 2022 Portsmouth Invitational Tournament April 24 - Early entry deadline May 17 - NBA Draft Lottery! With his wingspan and vertical pop, any teams that thought they could get him as a second-round sleeper are now out of luck. Just read this quote about Christie during his time with Team USA (via The Athletic): Always the first to show up in the gym. Houston Like many others, I believe Kentuckys TyTy Washington played out of position last season, as he looked much more comfortable as a point guard. / 200 lbs. The Eagles should be thrilled to catch a falling Hamilton for their secondary after addressing wide receiver earlier with London. If Smith were a pure point guard he'd go 10 spots higher than this. If Procida is willing to stay in Europe for a year or two, Id love this pick at 38. Magic draft Paolo. 7'1" Daniels recently compared himself to Lonzo Ball, who is someone that the Pelicans desperately missed after sending him to the Bulls. Given their shaky interior situation without Dont'a Hightower and also moving on from Kyle Van Noy, the Patriots can plug Lloyd in to become an immediate impact playmaker and leader for Bill Belichick's defense. Williams, however, had an other-worldly performance at the NBA Draft Combine. Ousmane Dieng made significant strides to improve his game as the season progressed in Australias NBL, and now Im fully on board with the idea of selecting him in the lottery. Filipowski is a 6-11 big who is an elite rebounder and comfortable 3-point shooter. The guy whod say Hey, fellas, lets make sure we pick up the trash in the cafeteria. He was that guy. 2 corner Levi Wallace in free agency and No. / 185 lbs. Griffin was a high school star at Archbishop Stepinac, near New York City. Lets take a first look at how the 2022 NBA Draft could shake out for Silver and Black. The 7-foot center isn't a modern big but his ability to alter shots and catch lobs at the rim is still valuable. Recent reports suggest folks around the league arent convinced about Sharpe, but thats far from the unanimous opinion. I caught up with Keegan Murray, one of the top prospects in the 2022 NBA Draft. Brandon Anderson Updated: Jun 21, 2022, 02:13 PM EDT Download App The NBA season is over, and the Golden State Warriors are champions once again. Kessler is a fantastic shot-blocker. / 195 lbs. Davis reportedly met with the Spurs for a pre-draft workout, and if he is available when San Antonio is on the clock, its a marriage that would make a lot of sense. Duke Fr The 2022 NBA Finals are over, which means the 2022 NBA Draft is coming up. Washington Wizards: Jean Montero (Elite: Guard, Overtime, 6-2), 55. 28. Before we preview the San Antonio Spurs draft, lets check in on the picks they boast in the late-June event. But if he stays in, he would be the youngest (and arguably most fascinating) prospect in this class. The Chiefs could use some help in the middle between Nick Bolton and Willie Gay and very much like Lloyd in a smaller, more compact package, Dean is a rangy playmaker who does everything well required of the position, including fly over the field and inspire with his leadership. The suddenly hot San Antonio Spurs take on fellow tanking Texas team. This 6-7 guard is one of the two Thompson twins expected to go in the top 10 of this draft. A random Wednesday night in the NBA had some remarkably efficient performances, Open Thread: Spurs Reppin in All-Stars throughout history. Alicia Devine/Tallahassee Democrat / USA TODAY NETWORK, Florida State Seminoles: Big, Freshman, 7-1. Hes the extrovert when it comes to things like that. Sr Dont mess with Jeremy Sochan on or off the court. The Packers need a versatile subpackage option behind Preston Smith and Rashan Gary. section: | slug: 2023-nba-mock-draft-victor-wembanyama-goes-no-1-to-spurs-in-first-projections-following-trade-deadline | sport: basketball | route: article_single.us | 2004-2023 CBS Interactive. Fr Whitehead suffered a lower-leg injury in January that reportedly looked scarier than it actually is. Iowa He projects as a nice 3-and-D prospect. He's a 6-10 big with a jumper that has improved in two years at Dayton. The first to ask the question in the team meetings. 7. The Spurs should prioritize adding much-needed frontcourt depth, and heres how they can do that in the 2022 NBA Draft. Plus, the last time the Spurs used a first-round pick on an upperclassman from Wake Forest, it turned out well. Note: The 2022 draft will only. It also adds the likes of Jakob Poeltl, Josh Richardson and Doug McDermott to make the salaries work. The Ravens are in a decent position to take the best defensive player available for their needs vs. an offensive lineman. With Mark Williams, the Spurs get a possible center of the future. All 262 picks in the 2022 NFL Draft will soon become an official reality. Bucks vs. 76ers odds, picks, computer sims, Morant to miss 'at least' two games after IG post, NBA DFS picks, lineups, advice, March 4 strategy, Grizzlies' Clarke out for season with Achilles injury, Raptors vs. Wizards odds, picks, computer sims, Streaking Warriors must overcome one major roadblock. 1 with his smarts, route-running, quickness and hands given Calvin Ridley's suspension and Russell Gage's departure. NFL Draft will soon become an official reality. The Spurs may be tempted to add talented size in Jalen Duren or Jeremy Sochan but, at the end of the day, I think itd be too difficult to pass on Mathurin. Liddell is a win-now pick. So keep that in mind and dive into a list of what I believe are the 30 best prospects who could be eligible for the 2023 NBA Draft. With Zion Williamson back in the equation, the Pelicans need as many shooters as possible. Arizonas Bennedict Mathurin was one of my favorite prospects during his freshman year at Arizona, and playing for Tommy Lloyd, he got even better during his sophomore season. June 1 - Early Entry Withdrawal Deadline (NCAA deadline) June 23rd 8:00pm EST - The 2022 NBA Draft! He has great hands and dunks everything (he led the nation in dunks, in fact). Gambling problem? If Phoenix brass decides someone like Ayton is not worth the max, the team will likely look to pull off a sign-and-trade. There is a plethora of mock drafts to sift through, projecting where each player will be drafted. 2022 NBA Mock Draft: Jabari Smith goes first to Magic, Shaedon Sharpe drops to Spurs Ameer Tyree releases his final mock ahead of Thursday's 2022 NBA Draft By Ameer Tyree Jun 23,. His 3-point percentage being above 40% suggests he'll be a reliable shooter at the next level. Kentucky 1st Round: 1. I like the fit of Daniels next to Damian Lillard. For good reason. Ayton, 23, is likely set to receive max contract offers on the open market. Please check your email for a confirmation. That is to say, rebuilding for the future or attempting to retool with an aging Gregg Popovich still manning the bench. / 210 lbs. When the lottery balls stopped bouncing, the San Antonio Spurs ended up with the ninth overall pick in the 2022 NBA Draft. Ron Rivera and Scott Turner have hinted at how much they love the Ohio State wideout options early in the draft and with Wilson gone they will be fine going with his equally dynamic teammate. 6'2" Being long and athletic and disruptive, thats what I try to show in my game and my defense. Terquavion Smith, Harrison Ingram, Julian Strawther, Kevin McCullar, Drew Timme, etc.) What we learned from the Spurs win over the Pacers, Devin Vassell and Jeremy Sochan showed the Spurs future is bright against the Pacers. Atlantas defense needs a lot of work, and Eason was one of the most productive defensive playmakers in all of college basketball. See below for every selection and reported trade from the 2022 NBA Draft. With Mathurin, the Spurs get a scoring guard. Head coach Tom Thibodeau loves tough players and they dont come much tougher than Davis. The path to the 2023 NFL Draft will cross a major checkpoint with the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine taking place at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis from Feb. 28 to March 6. Williams is now a projected top-20 pick in the 2022 NBA Draft, and if you told me he heard his name called in the lottery, I also wouldnt be surprised. He should be the first college player selected although Jarace Walker (Houston), Keyonte George (Baylor), Nick Smith Jr. (Arkansas) and Cam Whitmore (Villanova) are also obvious candidates to be the first college player selected. Still only 22 years old, some figure he fits into San Antonios long-term future. Im not convinced the Kings keep the pick, however, and I think they could get solid value if they want to trade for a veteran. For whatever reason, we dont have a particularly deep international draft this year. And he played great. Michigan State Spartans: Wing, Freshman, 6-6. Williams is a 7-foot center out of Duke with a reported 7-foot-7 wingspan. In a draft class that lacks a clear-cut, consensus top pick like Cade Cunningham or Zion Williamson, there's been far greater room for speculation about who will go No. Franchises that focus on that will be glad they did and likely get a steal near the bottom of the first round. Braun could be that guy. So in many ways the questions about the next draft don't start until the third team is on the clock. Aside from needing a steadfast go-to scorer, San Antonios most glaring hole on their roster is a lack of talent at both forward positions. Jackson reclassified and enrolled at South Carolina, ensuring he'd be the latest one-and-done lottery pick to play a mostly insignificant season of college hoops. By pressing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the. The Bengals brought back Eli Apple to keep with top veteran corner Chidobe Awuzie and slot man Mike Hilton, but the cerebral, nice-sized and ballhawking McDuffie would be a best player available upgrade. Leonard Miller is considered one of the most intriguing prospects in the 2022 NBA draft. The Panthers have been thinking offensive lineman for a while too but are getting to the point with the existing Sam Darnold mess and the failed Baker Mayfield dalliance that they can't ignore a top QB when given this early high-first-round opportunity. Oh, and that monologue I just went on touched on everything but his best attribute, rim protection. If he touches those . 2022 NBA Mock Draft: Team Fits The 2022 NBA Draft is officially a week away. Despite some other intriguing options, it's hard to argue with this assessment. At 6-foot-6 and 220 pounds, Mathurin is a very good athlete who is also a proven three-point shooter. The Spurs arent going to enter next season with four rookies so an old fashioned draft-and-stash makes sense if the Spurs end up using all three of their first round picks. Why not? Hell get looks in the lottery, and while Im not quite there with him yet, I do think the Bulls would be a good fit as a plug-and-play option due to his rim pressure and shooting volume. If they use a late first-round pick on him, they can also get Butler locked in on a cheaper guaranteed contact while he fills out his frame. Recent history indicates that every season, at . Until then, it's anybody's best guess how this year's selections will unfold, starting with . When we spoke to the former Toledo star, here is what he had to say: Im a playmaker. He has a well-rounded game with very few obvious weaknesses. Davis no doubt eats up space against the run but he's also shown the athleticism to be disruptive as an interior pass rusher in the right scheme, which Baltimore has for him. That includes the likes of Lonnie Walker IV, Devin Vassell, Joshua Primo and Keldon Johnson. I just want to make sure when he shoots, hes not shooting air balls. In a class that lacks quality floor generals, Nembhard provides that at a high level. Hes not a quick twitch-athlete and struggles to explode in traffic, which are flaws that could potentially dampen his draft stock. When asked about potentially suiting up for San Antonio next season, the Wisconsin standout guard had this to say: Playing under coach Popovich, the most famous coach in NBA history, would be something I would really want to happen.. He's an explosive athlete who shoots it well enough from 3-point range to make him a lock for the top-10 of this draft even if Villanova is having a disappointing season. Everything that's happened since then suggests the former NBA players were closer to right than wrong. San Antonio Spurs: Kennedy Chandler (Tennessee Volunteers: Guard, Freshman, 6-0), 39. Still, his potential to be a two-way lead guard is intriguing, especially considering he's shooting above 40% from 3-point range for a big-brand SEC program. Ive got a first-round grade on Rollins, and think he has helped himself in the pre-draft process. Analysis: Falcons fans should be familiar with their pass-rushing woes from 2022 just 21 sacks, second worst in the league but they might not know much about McDonald. This is the dream scenario for the Pistons. 6'7" Scott is one of the best athletes in the 2023 NFL Draft and was No. Every team in the league always needs more shooting, but the Thunder are down horrendous. This would be a no-brainer pick for the Hornets. Portland Trail Blazers Walker Kessler. Brown would make the Timberwolves more athletic and give them a player who looks best suited to thrive next to star talent. G League Ignite Villanova Atlanta Hawks: Christian Koloko (Arizona Wildcats: Big, Junior, 7-1), 45. The Lions have been thinking more about quarterback in the first round and Ridder being available here would be almost a no-brainer. There is a lot to like when it comes to Christian Koloko, and he would be a fantastic selection late in the first round. Aging Ryan Jensen is back for Tom Brady but the team also lost Ali Marpet to retirement and Alex Cappa for free agency at guard. "Williams is just 64.5 without shoes, but his max vertical reach of 120.5 is ahead of vertical athletes like Aaron Gordon and John Collins as well as rim protectors like Rudy Gobert," @BryanKalbrosky on Jalen Williams. Interesting fit for both. No one did more to improve their draft stock during the pre-draft process than Santa Claras Jalen Williams. 17. He's been up and down for an up-and-down Indiana team for much of this season but still projects as a quality NBA player for many years to come. Fr I can score from all three levels. I just try to execute that as well.. Most folks who I talk to who are familiar with Portlands thinking do not believe the Blazers keep this pick. Beauchamp is a good fit for the modern NBA, and he projects as a potential 3-and-D wing who can potentially fill a valuable role in the pros. It's impossible to overstate the upside of a 7-foot-4 center who rim-protects like a Defensive Player of the Year candidate and creates offense on the other end like a future MVP. Fr He has the star power to electrify Madison Square Garden, even if he isnt a true point guard who can make plays for his teammates. If he pans out, Indiana can bounce right back to playoff contention. It's been assumed for many months now that the first two picks of the 2023 NBA Draft will be French sensation Victor Wembanyama and G-League Ignite star Scoot Henderson. That would lead them into tapping into Cross, a replacement for left tackle Duane Brown before a drop-off in outside pass protectors. Indiana Pacers: Ismael Kamagate (Paris Basketball: Big, International, 6-11), 32. 2022 NBA Mock Draft, Picks & Predictions: Bets and Analysis for the Top 20 Prospects NBA Credit: Brian Sevald/NBAE via Getty Images. This is the end of a mini-run on offensive linemen, with four projected in seven picks from Nos. USA TODAY Sports. Williams scores extremely high with regard to his character, comes from a strong family (his dad is a gastroenterologist, his sister is in the WNBA) and plays a focused brand of basketball. Hood-Schifino is a combo guard with size who can shoot. / 213 lbs. Continuing with their international theme of the past, Serbias Nikola Jovic would also be a tremendous fit. When youre a 7-footer who can shoot, and Butler can, youre going to get some love in the first round. I can create for others. The 2023 NFL Draft is still roughly two months away. They had the worst 3-point percentage in the NBA in 2021-22, and Smith would immediately help their spacing concerns next season. He's the second-best college player on a legitimate national-title contender who is shooting above 40% from 3-point range and is versatile and strong enough to defend guards and centers. Sam Presti swings for the fences with another project with hypothetical star potential. Accuracy: 18.03% 78th Place. The 6-7 guard is an interesting playmaker on the wing who has been the Razorbacks' best freshman in the absence of Smith making any notable impact. Through these conversations, weve learned more about what makes these prospects tick and how they see themselves as future NBA players. ESPNs Mike Schmitz has compared Terry to Barnes, and when you listen to Terry speak, its easy to see why. (Draft order is from Tankathon as of Feb. 10:32 am ET. He's a wing with size who is shooting above 40% from 3-point range on more than seven attempts per game. I think Williams at nine is a bit of a stretch (he was 22 on my latest Spurs Big Board) but hed be a fine pick at 20. They hit big-time on Rashawn Slater for starting left tackle and Smith, a late fast-rising powerful natural run blocker with great athletic upside, would be another smart choice. Orlando Magic: Patrick Baldwin (Milwaukee Panthers: Wing, Freshman, 6-9), 33. Its not hard to see the pitch for Smith, who is 6-foot-10 and 18 years old but already has shown legitimate potential as a shot creator. LaRavia is the type of player who could help young stars develop by doing all the dirty work. Another Williams for the Spurs this time Jalen Williams out of Santa Clara. 1. NBA: 76ers 126, Mavericks 133. . Wesley is a slippery athlete that could make for a scary duo next to Ja Morant if he reaches his peak. 6'6" The San Antonio Spurs found out where they stand in the 2022 NBA Draft after the conclusion of the Draft Lottery on Tuesday night. star pass-catcher with the No. 36. We had Max three times before we actually picked the team, in three camps, and he was that way from the first camp. . Terms at draftkings.com/sportsbook. Former Ohio State wide receiver Jaxon Smith-Njigba is the first wide receiver taken in the 2023 NFL Draft in Mel Kiper Jr.'s Mock 2.0, which was released Tuesday. Black is only a reliable jumper away from being a lottery pick. All betting content is intended for an . The Saints should welcome the development of landing this different kind of "Greek freak" after desperately missing the production Trey Hendrickson opposite Cameron Jordan and Karlaftis can be either a key situational asset or push Marcus Davenport back into that role. For San Antonio, this. / 231 lbs. 6'4" Howard has been skyrocketing on draft boards since the start of the 2022-'23 season and it's understandable as he stands at 6-foot-8. They need a finisher. Picking 9th, 20th, 25th, and 38th on June 23rd, the Silver and Black have ample opportunity to improve their roster before free agency begins on July 1st. LaRavia is the type of player who would do well in San Antonios development system. The Rockets dont have a true point guard, so he can step right in and be a go-to playmaking option. Fr 6'9" George has solidified himself as the best player on a team with two other high-level guards who helped Baylor win the 2021 NCAA Tournament. As a promising off-the-dribble creator that could pay off in a big way with G League seasoning, Blake Wesley could be the swing factor for this class. He gets the edge at the position barely over Ickey Ekwonu and Charles Cross. Spurs are on the clock at 9, 20, 25, and 38. 12. Beauchamp is a readymade role player who could earn minutes early in his career. 21 overall) in the 2020 NBA Draft. Ivey is a great fit. Smith and his elite shooting are an obvious fit if he doesnt go No. He would be great complement to last year's first-rounder DeVonta Smith and help the Eagles move on from disappointing 2020 first-rounder Jalen Reagor. Australias Dyson Daniels has done very well for himself during the pre-draft process thus far, and I think he could go as high as No. The 6-foot-8 forward out of Iowa appears as high as No. Unknown in 2022, Alcaraz returns to Rio Open as a . " Pray for Victor " (Wembanyama), some might say. Hes not a shooter or passer but hes an elite finisher at the rim. J.J. Watt just turned 33 and fellow 3-4 end Zach Allen has been a disappointment in the final year of his rookie contract. LSUs Tari Eason had an early pre-draft workout with the Hawks, and for me, this is one of the most logical fits in the draft. I think the biggest surprise of the draft will be how high Florida States John Butler hears his name called.